Author Topic: Digimon, the Digital Invasion (Sign-Up/Discussion)  (Read 108882 times)

Gazimon

Re: Digimon, the Digital Invasion (Sign-Up/Discussion)
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012 (03:24 AM) »
Yeah, I'm talking about the actual meaning of righteous, not self-righteous.  Mostly it has to do with following morals.  I don't think that relates to either crest much.  Someone can be reliable without following any particular moral values.  And love is more often than not completely detached from morality.  Noble pretty much falls in the same category.  Devout could probably fit.  But it sounds lame.  How about "The Steadfast"?  It's also based on both loyalty and certainty, which are related to love and reliability, while remaining neutral.  It fits the theme, sounds cool, and would actually describe Dardan very well.

King Dusk

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012 (05:09 PM) »
Okay, I updated my profile. It's done.

Also, Enaz is approved and welcomed heartily back into the ranks of the roleplaying world.

Kaizer, you're approved.

Gazimon, I want to let you in, but I sort of feel like your character is a little flat. You don't give very much in terms of appearance or history. If you flesh out your character, you'll be accepted. And I don't just mean thinking about what he looks like or where he comes from more.

I almost want to lecture you on what to think and write, but I know that it won't help my game in the long-run, so we'll just see where it goes.

At any rate, I'm hoping to have the RP thread up soon for the preliminary posting and starting Part I. Keep an eye out for a PM from me detailing some things about the game

Gazimon

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012 (10:55 PM) »
I want to fix it so that it's exactly what you want.  But you didn't tell me what you want.  I added to it.  I hope it's an improvement.  But I don't really know because your way of doing signups is apparently entirely different from what I'm used to.  I'm just taking a wild guess and hoping it will work.

Enaz

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012 (08:28 PM) »
Sooo...we still doing this?

If KD's busy with his new job, that's fine and understandable. Just want to make sure this isn't forgotten about. =D

King Dusk

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012 (09:54 AM) »
No, no. We're definitely still going. Just have work and other things for the next two days or so.

Foz

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012 (11:11 PM) »
k

Name: Jude Corgan

Title: The Righteous (If Gazimon is still in on this, then I will change it;owever, I would have to make a drastic change to my characters profile if that is the case.

Crest Location: Left pectoral. Above the heart

Appearance: Approximately 5'11. Very dark strawberry blonde hair kept at decent length surpassing the ears in a wavy Farrah Fawcett style. Very pale skin (partially ginger). Blue eyes; mole on left side of chin; ears pierced; crooked nose; side burns and a stubbly face. He is not built like a body builder but has plenty of tone. A collage of tattoos riding up his left arm spreading from his hand to his back from shoulder to shoulder and his left pectoral. Mainly consisting of stuff related too music, comics, logos, skulls and other designs. Also has one on his left calf.

His style consists of a long sleeve plaid shirts and whatever band t-shirts he is wearing underneath. Jorts. Yes. I said Jorts. Slip on skate shoes and regular black socks. Typical black belt and a wallet with a chain. Aviators hanging from his shirt unless it's a sunny day, they're on his face. People see his style and assume he is some degenerate freak or anarchist when they see Jude, but that's just not the case at all. His soft heart fails to show on his outside.

History: Canadian born, Jude mainly grew up in the city of Manhatten. It was a happy and loving family he was raised in between him, his father and mother. When his mother gave birth to his baby sister in 2000 Tiffany, he was ecstatic. They finally added one more to what he believed was the perfect family and a happy life. But this belief was very short lived. His father used to work in the World Trade Center. He was the average innocent businessman that worked fro 9 to 5 Monday through Fridays and came home to a great family and a steady paycheck. A year after his baby sisters birth, his fathers death caught up to him in a tragic attack on September 11th making his father one of the 3,000 casualties on that fatal day. He remembered that morning very well. Watching the news after the plane hit the first second building and being on the phone remembering the words his father spoke: "Everything's going to be okay. I'll be home safe and sound.". Then the tower collapsed. Jude was a wreck and his mother's clueless eyes were glued to the television How could things get any worse. His mother went insane and got sent to a psychiatric hospital for threatening to kill herself and her kids to continue to have their perfect family in heaven. He went to visit her once in 2004 and never saw her again since.

He and his baby sister Tiffany stayed in an orphanage. They always stuck together and he protected her from people who'd seem unfit to adopt her. They made a promise to eachother that someone wouldn't adopt one with the other; they were each others lives and the only people they had and loved. One day without Jude's consent, Tiffany was adopted and taken away. Jude was livid and ran away from the orphanage to go about on his own. He got a place of his own and a night shift job in a warehouse trying to work out a consistent routine for his life and really getting his shit together. He is 22 now and is content with how well he has been able to survive but to this day, still hasn't seen his mother or baby sister since his last encounter with both them. He thinks about his sister everyday and one day hopes to be reunited with her.

Partner: Dorumon

Weapon of Light: Sword (Possible work-in for Alphamon using the Ouryuuken)

Evolution Line:
    (Reliability): Dorumon - Dorugamon - Cyberdramon (w/Crest of Reliability) - Justimon
    (Love (Dominant Attribute)): Dorumon - Dorugamon - DoruGreymon (w/Crest of Love) - Alphamon

I just roughly did up the History. I can edit it if it's not good. I tried to lay out both Light attributes but don't think I did as well as I wanted too. I'll let you be the judge. I kept getting distracted with calls and emails. Work man. Gotta put food on the table somehow though.

"People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death.
Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over.
Yeah, I guess it is a friend." ~Jim Morrison

King Dusk

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012 (07:06 PM) »
Alright, I've been avoiding this for a few days now, but I'm going to allow Foz in over Gazimon.

If I'm going to have a successful RP, I need to take control. It's been a while, I gotta get my balls back. Sorry for the delay, guys.

So Foz, welcome to Invasion as The Righteous.

I'm going to begin working on the opening post now, which is a prologue. Expect it up soon, and feel free to have a practice post or two before I get the first plot post up.

Good luck!

Gazimon

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012 (08:56 PM) »
I expected that to happen, based on the attitude you've had towards me from the start.  I have a pretty bad memory, so I don't know if maybe I did something to you or one of your friends in the past and you just don't want me around.  If that's the case, you should have said so from the start instead of wasting my time.  Surely there's more entertaining ways to troll me than this. 

If you actually are doing this because you think I don't have the necessary skill, I think you should stop and look at things from my perspective before you decide to be so arrogant.  I don't expect you to believe that I have been RPing for years because I have no way to prove it.  But I can at least tell you what I've observed.  What I've seen from you so far is just this and Sync.  Both had pretty vague information (some that would affect the signup) and features that you added at the last minute, both of which are common signs of improvisation.  Improvisation before the RPG even starts is almost always due to lack of planning, which is usually a problem novice GMs face, not experts.  You abandoned Sync after posting once without so much as an explanation or an apology to your players.  That's pretty much the worst thing you can do as a GM.  No offense, but I don't think I'm being unreasonable in calling your skill as a GM into question based on this.  Let's be honest here.  After that fiasco, do you really think you should be treating me like I'm filling a job application after I gave you another chance?

You say my character is flat, but aside from your admittedly nice "A in English Class" descriptions, there's not much to your own.  Character depth amounts to personality, which is determined through their reactions to a situation and their interactions with other characters.  Those things happen during the actual RPG and not the signup.  So I didn't expect to find that you had actually made an extremely deep character in your own signup, especially using the "appearance" and "history" sections, when I read it for reference on what you were trying to tell me about why mine was wrong.  Again, no offense, but frankly, your character is a textbook example of a Mary Sue.  That's not depth.  Seriously, I know that I sound like I'm just really sore, but a lot of your signup is made up of common Mary Sue tropes.  I know that my character is not perfect, but really?  You're saying he's flat and this is what you show as an example of what's right?

So, no, I don't want you to lecture me on what to think.  I'd rather be lectured by someone who was actually better than me, which isn't what you've shown me so far.  I respect your decision not to have me, so I'll withdraw my application and won't even waste my time trying to make a new character for "The Ambitious" (regardless of what you probably think, I did have a character concept outside of the information in the signup and this wouldn't fit it without a lot of modifications).  That's good news for both of us, right?  I don't respect your decision of treating me like garbage, though.  Maybe instead of roleplaying humility, you should practice it in real life.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012 (08:58 PM) by Gazimon »

King Dusk

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012 (01:59 AM) »
You're funny.

Gazimon

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012 (02:02 AM) »
And your comebacks are great.  Well, I didn't intend to start a fight.  I just wanted to say that.  So that kind of response is actually preferable anyway.  I guess this is it, then.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012 (02:20 AM) by Gazimon »

Foz

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012 (07:38 AM) »
Is this outta your system now, guys? I don't want to see any fighting. Gazimon, there is still The Ambitious if you wanna sign up for that. I'm not the GM for this RP, but KD said himself:

Gazimon, I want to let you in,

And I have mutual feelings. Let's not let shit hit the fan here.

"People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death.
Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over.
Yeah, I guess it is a friend." ~Jim Morrison

Gazimon

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012 (10:44 AM) »
I didn't say what I said because he chose you over me.  I said it because I really mean it.  It did contribute a little, but I would have almost certainly ended up doing this even if you hadn't even shown up because I was sick of this by then and was already considering withdrawing.  If anything, the fact that you signed up probably pushed this back, because I decided to wait and see what he was going to do.  He did as expected.  But whatever the case, thanks, but no thanks.  I'm not going to sign up.  I really don't think I can have fun playing with Dusk as a GM.  And I don't believe he wants me in either, so I think we both agree at least on this.  Don't worry.  The shit isn't going to hit the fan.  I have no intentions of taking this further.  And I'm not taking it outside the RPG board either.  This stays here and I'm done.  I said all I wanted to say.  And since I'm not participating in this anymore or any of his future RPGs, there won't be any opportunities for this to get worse or happen again.

Shino

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012 (02:42 PM) »
I do so miss RPing.

Name: Amber McLaren
Title: The Ambitious (Faith & Friendship)
Crest Location: Top back of her right shoulder, to the inside of the shoulder blade.

Appearance: Standing about 5í6 without shoes she has a lean work toned body and a naturally tanned olive complexion. Topped off with shoulder length red-brown hair and dark hazel eyes there is nothing overly outstanding about her looks. Both ears are prised normal with a hole in each lobe but otherwise she tends not to ware jewelry or makeup. She favors comfortable, easy to move in clothes that tend to be just runners, pants and a t-shirt, jacket if the weather requires.

History: Born the third child of eight siblings, though technically two are cousins, one is a foster and three are adopted; living on the family farm in the UK has been interesting if nothing else. Growing up somewhat shelterd her day to day world is rather small so she is quiet, steady, and good with the animals besides being the mitigating force among squabling sblings. That wasnít to say she could not holler and elbow with the best of them, especially around the dinner table.

Her oldest and foster brother Kade has always been the one she felt closest to in their family. He was the one who taught her to ride her first horse and how to hunt rabbits with their white and black mutt Copper (Elise was five and could not be told otherwise). It was also Kade who taught both her and Riley how to fight from back in his street days. While she has never really had to use it, that week long suspension for punching Marcus last year because he was teasing Alice was both satisfying and totally worth it. So even though he is away at Uni they call to talk at least once a week if not more.

Life these days is filled with farm work and college for the most part and avoiding her motherís preachy moods. Not many of her friends have stuck around over the years except for Alice, but since she is dating Peter McLaren, Amber routinely questions her best friendís sense and sanity.

Partner: Tapirmon
Weapon of Light: Bow and Dagger
Evolution Line:
 {Faith} Tapirmon -> Dobermon -> Seasarmon -> Ancient Sphinxmon
 {Friendship} Tapirmon -> Dobermon -> Cerbermon -> Anubismon

Let me know how that is, I'm not all that happy with her history right now but I'm drawing a major blank.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012 (02:39 PM) by Shino »

Enaz

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2012 (10:32 PM) »
After Friday night's storm, I'm still without electricity, and might not get it back until as late as next Friday. So, yeah, probably won't be posting that much this week. I'll just write up Rose's perspective on things, possibly in flashback, where necessary, so just keep on keeping on. \o/

King Dusk

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012 (02:09 PM) »
No worries, Enaz. Thanks for letting us know.

Shino, good to see you around! I'll be glad to have you play with us. But I do have one request before I approve your application. I'd appreciate if you changed one of your Perfect forms from Cerbermon. Just to hold continuity with the other characters.

Everything else is fine.