Author Topic: FIRST 2015 POST  (Read 29888 times)

celebi

• Administrator
  • Champion
  • Tip Jar: 6
    • View Profile
    • The Shining Evolution
FIRST 2015 POST
« on: January 17, 2015 (09:46 AM) »
It's like you guys aren't even trying!

I have an excuse, being not-single takes up all my time. What's yours?
plaudite amici

Shino

• King of the Dragons
  • TestGrup
  • Rookie
  • Tip Jar: 5
  • If you think you think so, think again.
    • View Profile
Re: FIRST 2015 POST
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015 (08:05 PM) »
getting an actual bed
sleeping on said actual bed
searching for work or someone to hire me
cleaning house
packing
no internet
not burning the house down
cooking
landry
Life. Need I go on? Cause I probably have more.

Anthy

• DDF Princess
  • Champion
  • Tip Jar: 18
  • And someday, together...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015 (09:09 PM) »
-Catching up on homework because I changed course placement
-Studying for JLPT N2
-Working on Code (right now, I'm putting together the environments. After that, figuring out exactly how I am going to insert the story; I already have an idea of how I want to organize the code (since I may be making a lot of tweaks as I go, all text data is in an external file, which is accessed by event data, which is also in its own dedicated section, and finally calls for sections of the event data on respective maps. The traditional way is writing text inside events which are created on respective maps but that's a butt pain to make major edits to) but I haven't applied it yet. But there is soooo much sprite work to do... bleh. And I don't want to waste time making sprites that get scrapped, so eventing first. First arc's key location is getting finished pretty handily, but it's huge, like 2nd-3rd largest area in the game and fed in sections. The 2nd arc has 8 different distinct locations, but I don't think I will be making them very large since less time is spent at each.)
-Eating
-Trying to not fall apart from stress and lack of sleep
-Etc.

I actually browse here all the time but I don't have anything really noteworthy to post about (yet?)
I also take art classes 3 times a week which ends up with me not getting home until 8pm or so, but I have only gone once so far this year because of the first point I mentioned. I feel guilty about that because I'm not supposed to miss and the main reason I'm studying so fervently to pass the N2 is so I can make it into an art college (but I don't know if I can do it, I MISS MY KITTY CAT TOO MUCH UGH and have basic homesickness, even if it is boring as shit and the food doesn't taste as good as here)... but the art classes are college entrance exam prep courses... but I can't even apply to a college unless I can pass the N2 in July, so... eh... I'm just trying to take the necessary steps so if I DO decide to go, it will be a possibility. Plus I want to take N1 in December, and if I can pass that, then even if I go home I'll at least be qualified to get a job in translation... maybe. If it turns out that a bachelor's degree in Japanese is worth more than N1 certification and living in Japan for 2 years, that would be ridiculous (but also partially explain why I see so many shit-tier translations out there).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015 (09:14 PM) by Anthy »
So long, and thanks for all the fish

"I love the word 'fate'. It makes me believe I'm never alone.
I love you. I will never forget you. Forever and ever."

In loving memory ~ 8.5.1990-8.22.2010

celebi

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile
    • The Shining Evolution
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015 (09:53 PM) »
Yeah, the not-having-noteworthy things makes a difference.

I still work on the new version of the encyclopedia when I have free time, but that isn't often. Most of my time is occupied with work, with my girlfriend (even if that just consists of laying in bed together) or with things around the house. There's always something going on. This week, the dryer broke. I still don't know why; I thought it was probably the on-switch, because it appeared to have finished the last load that was in there, but as best as I can tell, it's fine. So I guess I'll probably end up buying a brand-new dryer since I really don't want to spend even more time trying to figure it out while piles of clothes grow even larger, but on the other hand, this isn't a good time to be spending extra money on things given my new car note, medical bills, and the fact I'm essentially financially responsible for another person.

There's so much that I do want to do in my free time, too. I've had my Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire nearly a month now, and I haven't even finished the first volume. There was a time when I would have finished all six by now. And that's inspired me to re-learn (well, I was never exactly fluent) classical Latin, which I don't think is going to happen. I feel guilty a lot that I'm not learning new things constantly, like I am accustomed to. But I guess there's nothing to be done about it. I'd write up something on the forums, but I know perfectly well nobody cares about the things I care about. \(_o)/ I mean that without rancor, I know how it is. But at any rate the lack of free time has gotten so bad I can rarely check the forums on anything except weekends. Many days I come straight home from work, go to bed, wake up, and do it all over again. It's going to suck when work really ramps up.
plaudite amici

Anthy

• DDF Princess
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015 (01:24 AM) »
Tell me about it, I hate having to cherry pick my hobbies because there are only so many hours in a day. And I lately only get maybe 4-5 hours sleep a night which I know is gonna burn me out with my active lifestyle (get up at 6am, walk 1-2 miles a day, do lots of mentally taxing activities).

I want to focus on more productive hobbies like art/graphics (which is why I've been fervently working on Code again... It's practice) because I can make money off of them, but it's just not feasible to always be producing things. So I could play video games to unwind, but then I'd feel like I'm using my time frivolously. I wish there was a pixel art editing program for the 3ds so I could be productive and not chained to the computer at the same time. :< especially if it had a tiling and bmp/png export feature (exporting is a must actually). Or a super low-poly 3d model editor, that would be rad. I bought another KORG app for my 3ds last night because it was on sale. I want to compose music too :p my music theory isn't the sharpest but I do know the basics and I find it enjoyable and educational.

It makes me reconsider my New Years resolution of getting a boyfriend. I just don't have that kind of time! Unless I can hopefully find someone that would give me breathing room, since the honeymoon phase has never ever looked appealing to me. I think cats suit me better...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015 (01:26 AM) by Anthy »

Digimon_Sommelier

• Champion
  • Tip Jar: -3
  • Love, the natural state of the universe . . .
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Burst::. Forums
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015 (01:01 AM) »
Trying to enjoy life; hanging in there. I'm full of hope. ^.^
My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

jagggar

• Ultimate
  • Tip Jar: 22
  • Not today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015 (01:27 PM) »
in the basement rollin' dice, i'm a wizard
when we play we do it right, candles flicker
fighting dragons in my mind, just for kicks
DM says, 'you're gunna die, roll a d6'

Dark Kaizer

• I TOLD YOU I'D GET IT
  • Champion
  • Tip Jar: 10
  • Prepare your anus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015 (04:31 PM) »
College is taking up the majority of my time now.

However I do come with interesting news. KoH has abandoned the internet in search of his true calling as a shitty British rapper.

celebi

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile
    • The Shining Evolution
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015 (02:40 AM) »
Never go full chav.

PS: Please tell me that's not a face tat lol.
plaudite amici

Dark Kaizer

• I TOLD YOU I'D GET IT
  • Champion
  • Tip Jar: 10
  • Prepare your anus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015 (02:58 AM) »
Also note the horrendous neck tat.

Anthy

• DDF Princess
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015 (05:36 AM) »
Aww, I remember when he was but a wee babby.

What's belphe up to these days I wonder

Ross

• Celebi Is A Faggot
  • In-Training
  • Tip Jar: 2
  • UH WUH BECUHH UHHFUHH
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015 (10:43 AM) »
Can confirm it's all just pen. You guys are idiots.

Anthy

• DDF Princess
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015 (01:45 AM) »
So antsy for Cyber Sleuth holy crap it looks amazingggg
I have it preordered with rush delivery but I really want it now. I need a new Digimon game to unwind with and even if the story is crap (though it looks a lot more involved than previous games) it has gorgeous visuals and the music is at least on par with Re:Digitize. And I can play as a girl cosplaying ketchup and mustard without needing new game+.

And the Mimi figure, I really want but I'm not sure if I'm going to buy it. Definitely going for the Mimi gashapon though in march.

jagggar

• Ultimate
  • Tip Jar: 22
  • Not today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015 (11:13 PM) »
Can confirm it's all just pen. You guys are idiots.

....I'm sorry....

I read that as "...it's all just penis."

I don't know how.

It just happened.
in the basement rollin' dice, i'm a wizard
when we play we do it right, candles flicker
fighting dragons in my mind, just for kicks
DM says, 'you're gunna die, roll a d6'

Myo470

• Ultimate
  • Tip Jar: 14
  • No, I will not find your Myobrella
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015 (08:53 PM) »
I'm sorry that I missed this whenever it was still fresh.
Put your hair in curls, paint you up just like a drag queen~