Poll

Well?

!Jeb! Bush
0 (0%)
Clinton
1 (8.3%)
Wait... Bush vs Clinton and Dinosaurs are a big hit at the box office. What year is this?
3 (25%)
Donald Trump
3 (25%)
Bernie Sanders
4 (33.3%)
Other Bigot
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: 2016 US Elections  (Read 20109 times)

Digimon_Sommelier

• Champion
  • Tip Jar: -3
  • Love, the natural state of the universe . . .
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Burst::. Forums
Re: 2016 US Elections
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016 (02:14 PM) »
It looks like Hillary is taking this. She leads in double-digits against Donald Trump. #I'mWithHer
My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Anthy

• DDF Princess
  • Champion
  • Tip Jar: 18
  • And someday, together...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2016 (02:03 PM) »
Sometimes double digits doesn't seem like enough. Wish it could be a triple digit, Trump is worse than scum and I want to see him utterly defeated.
So long, and thanks for all the fish

"I love the word 'fate'. It makes me believe I'm never alone.
I love you. I will never forget you. Forever and ever."

In loving memory ~ 8.5.1990-8.22.2010

Zarathustra

• The Crawling Chaos
  • Rookie
  • Tip Jar: 0
  • Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016 (01:21 PM) »
Sometimes double digits doesn't seem like enough. Wish it could be a triple digit, Trump is worse than scum and I want to see him utterly defeated.

exactly, the globalist elites need a huge triumph in this election in order to put down white people and the american dream for good - can you believe it's only JUST NOW that white children are a minority in the under-five demographic? it's take 60 years to get down from 95%! just a small margin of victory won't cut it. america needs to be nothing more than the airport terminal of the world, jogress all that blood and soil shit, we gotta make some money, and the total obliteration of trump is the best thing we can do to ensure the non-diverse proles start killing themselves even faster and ensure the safety of a cosmopolitan diversitopia ruled by those with merit (cosmopolitan elites, at least until the barbarian hordes of the future arrive)

and actually I'm not sure HC even agrees, judging by her total failure to campaign. the only campaign event I can recall since the primaries was the alt-right speech, which tanked. she's been refusing to hold rallies or press conferences in general and only attending fundraising events.

things are actually tightening up in general, the race is within moe and I wouldn't say it's safe to call until the first debate, then I'm going all in on predictit

#jogresstrump

prior post is a case study in the supremacy of persuasion over """reason""", sorry bernie aspies, anthy is showing you why bernie flew like the hindenberg, real life is about persuasion and HC's campaign team is amazeballs at it
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016 (01:28 PM) by Zarathustra »
Celebi as he should have been.

Anthy

• DDF Princess
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016 (09:33 PM) »
Oh shut the jogress up celebi

Zarathustra

• The Crawling Chaos
  • Rookie
  • Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2016 (07:30 AM) »
Oh shut the jogress up celebi

you'll come around sooner or later, when the plummeting levels of social cohesion and trust start making your life more miserable and you have nothing else to blame

and it's not like you have legitimate reasons for hating trump or believing he's scum, so you'll be open to changing your mind (though I doubt that until long after the election, either way), just like most people have absolutely no legitimate reason to hate clinton, who is for the most part a perfectly normal politician no more or less corrupt than is normal (which is not very much, you want to see a corrupt government move to mexico or the middle east or something). only mildly concerning thing is the level of violence she apparently finds acceptable from her supporters, I don't think we've seen a political candidate tacitly encouraging the kind of violence we've been seeing from Clinton supporters in several decades but even that, in the long run, is american as apple pie (see Adams v Jefferson). other than there's no reason to really hate or dislike her, the reason to vote against her is the forces (in a psychohistorical sense) she represents, which she is a victim of as much as anyone else.

one shortcut generally is to have kids, helps you get a better perspective on things.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016 (07:38 AM) by Zarathustra »

Anthy

• DDF Princess
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2016 (11:41 AM) »
You sound like a more miserable person than me going by the tone of your latest posts. Life is awesome over here

I've hated trump since I was like, 12 (whatever year the apprentice started), it goes way back before this election. Guy is an idiot manbaby, spoiled little rich boy and treats women like pieces of meat. But yes I think his political platform is awful, too. I like to think that I vote in the interests of the populace at large but when you get down to it, the R platform would bring far more negatives than positives to my life personally. No thanks

Dunno what you mean by "no one else to blame", though, I'm not blaming anybody and I have far too many better things to do in my life than fall prey to negative energy BS. I know you're super worried about white people keeping the blood pure or something based on things you've said to Myo and even said to me years back, but "white people" are an incredibly diverse group and depending on some definitions I've heard I wouldn't even be considered "white" (too Jewish, too Mediterranean) so it really just boils down to generalizations at best, outright racism at worst.

The white death rate thing is clearly a lot more related to region and poverty (death rate is decreasing in my area, but spent a couple weeks in rural-ass Kansas this summer and yeah it is super depressing) and yes it's sad but these things have happened to other communities across the generations too when they can no longer sustain themselves. That's more of an issue of local government failing its people year after year than what the president can or cannot do.

Zarathustra

• The Crawling Chaos
  • Rookie
  • Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2016 (12:39 PM) »
You sound like a more miserable person than me going by the tone of your latest posts. Life is awesome over here

nah money + kids + high school girlfriends + gym + making america great again are p great motivation

I've hated trump since I was like, 12 (whatever year the apprentice started), it goes way back before this election. Guy is an idiot manbaby, spoiled little rich boy and treats women like pieces of meat. But yes I think his political platform is awful, too. I like to think that I vote in the interests of the populace at large but when you get down to it, the R platform would bring far more negatives than positives to my life personally. No thanks

the r platform is dead, trump has nothing to do with the r platform, trump killed the republican party and shit on its grave, the remaining establishment republicans are peeing in their pants or voting for HC, neoconservatives love HC relative to Trump because her foreign policy platform is far closer to Bush's than Trump's is.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/06/23/exclusive-prominent-gop-neoconservative-to-fundraise-for-hillary-clinton/

we live in a bizzaro world where the architects of the iraq war have fled en masse from their party to HC of all people

Dunno what you mean by "no one else to blame", though, I'm not blaming anybody and I have far too many better things to do in my life than fall prey to negative energy BS. I know you're super worried about white people keeping the blood pure or something based on things you've said to Myo and even said to me years back, but "white people" are an incredibly diverse group and depending on some definitions I've heard I wouldn't even be considered "white" (too Jewish, too Mediterranean) so it really just boils down to generalizations at best, outright racism at worst.

I don't know what you're talking about, I was referring to the demographic extinction of all white peoples (which as you say is a super diverse group) except maybe the Amish, which at this point is virtually certain both in the US and Europe unless something changes. within our lifetimes white people of all types will be shrinking minorities in virtually every western country. pretty normal in the lifespan of diversity empires, their founding population is demographically extinguished by lower cbr and immigration/invasion. and then you have the concomitant destruction of anglo culture and american black culture too, though the latter will last much longer on account of people still having pride in it . even that might be OK if you're a nihilist or something but the balkanization of the country won't be nice for anyone; magic soil didn't make america america, mexico mexico, or sudan sudan, the people did.

you can vote status quo slow extinction (HC) and be naturally selected out of the gene pool, or vote trump and hope he's an american justinian

The white death rate thing is clearly a lot more related to region and poverty (death rate is decreasing in my area, but spent a couple weeks in rural-ass Kansas this summer and yeah it is super depressing) and yes it's sad but these things have happened to other communities across the generations too when they can no longer sustain themselves. That's more of an issue of local government failing its people year after year than what the president can or cannot do.

right, it was nothing to do with globalist elites telling the working class they are worthless and unnecessary in the New Global Economy, that they have no culture besides being backward subhuman hicks (which is easy to believe when you have people reading Harper and not Gibbons), and importing as much cheap (sometimes even illegally cheap) labor as possible and offshoring where it's not

its just a sad thing, just happened, nobody's fault, except maybe those local politicians.

local politicians are usually pretty terrible but they are also all trapped into playing a losing zero-sum game of offering massive subsidies to corporations in the hopes they will deign to employ a couple dozen people. the only change for the better that we can hope to see is a) destroying the wealthy elite class via taxation, an end to free trade, and social changes b) returning to historical levels and types of immigration and c) putting vast sums of money into reforming and funding the educational system

of course while we're at it, single payer health care would be nice and will probably be fundable via a)

You will 100% absolutely not see this with HC. You have some chance of seeing some of this with DT, because DT has no fixed ideological positions and is clearly open to populist sentiment

i'll be fine either way, I'm not exempt from being degenerate and I'll be enjoying life while I have it but I want a MAGA america for my kids and grandkids when i'm gone

Life is awesome over here

statistically things aren't much better in socal and in many respects worse
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016 (01:03 PM) by Zarathustra »

Anthy

• DDF Princess
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2016 (01:33 PM) »
This is kind of falling on deaf ears because I'm contributing to "the problem" and really don't care. I don't think it's worth all your time trying to type all that out but you can do what you do, I prioritize protecting the environment and things like that over some ambiguous idea of what makes cultures and peoples great and why they have to be genetically preserved.

By high school girlfriends I hope you mean "girlfriends I have known since highschool" and not "girlfriends who are currently high school students" but sadly knowing you I can't really be sure which one it is

Zarathustra

• The Crawling Chaos
  • Rookie
  • Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2016 (02:00 PM) »
This is kind of falling on deaf ears because I'm contributing to "the problem" and really don't care. I don't think it's worth all your time trying to type all that out but you can do what you do, I prioritize protecting the environment and things like that over some ambiguous idea of what makes cultures and peoples great and why they have to be genetically preserved.

who will protect the environment when people like you are gone? also dont really think youre contributing to the problem, most of us here are pretty apparently victims rather than contributors, but everyone is innocent of their existence and all

i type pretty quick and im on my phone so idc

By high school girlfriends I hope you mean "girlfriends I have known since highschool" and not "girlfriends who are currently high school students" but sadly knowing you I can't really be sure which one it is

the latter, if people love each other they should be no problem as long as they can consent right?

people are much better before they get all jaded and hard, i really lucked into this situation with these two
Most people seem ok with it, the only people who seem to comment are women my age joking about robbing the cradle but if there's anyone who has a real problem with it I haven't met them and were happy so...I think at this point its an outdated cultural thing some people have. I guess from some kind of social engineering sense maybes it's bad cause how is some high school boy gonna compete? Don't know don't care

Honestly I feel a lot like I wasted my life up until now. I know o had to be who I was to be who I am but still its kinda painful and embarrassing to think I could have had what I have now if I had just gotten myself straight. I like digimon and I like yall but I probably should have spent less time arguing about how to translate things and more getting out in life you know? A better balance basically. And like I said in another thread, I do wish I had been a better friend to you especially but many others too. I'm sure from your end that bridges looks pretty well burned but c'est la vie.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016 (02:33 PM) by Zarathustra »

cj

• Administrator
  • Fresh
  • Tip Jar: 14
  • Breast Cancer Awarness Month THIS MONTH
    • View Profile
    • TheDigitalDive
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2016 (09:42 AM) »
but spent a couple weeks in rural-ass Kansas this summer and yeah it is super depressing

WAIT

THIS SUMMER?

WHY I MISS THIS?

=(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

"Never roleplay without a safeword."
-Yahtzee, Zero Punctuation: Two Worlds II credits.

Anthy

• DDF Princess
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2016 (02:12 AM) »
It was back in June. Not a really fun trip, it was because my aunt was having back surgery. My mom got pneumonia so we didn't really leave the hotel room much.

Not that there was a lot to do; the movie theater shut down years ago (still had posters up for Harry Potter), there were more funeral homes than cafes, and the downtown area was mostly estate sale things. Everywhere you went you could smell mold. I think the biggest restaurant was a McDonald's, we had to drive 45 minutes to get to a more suburban town with more options. I don't think I could handle living in a place like that man... it's one of those towns that was obviously a big place like 100 years ago but totally faded into obscurity once train and river travel stopped being a thing.

Noble

• Fresh
  • Photographing payphones since '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2016 (08:18 PM) »
It was back in June. Not a really fun trip, it was because my aunt was having back surgery. My mom got pneumonia so we didn't really leave the hotel room much.

Not that there was a lot to do; the movie theater shut down years ago (still had posters up for Harry Potter), there were more funeral homes than cafes, and the downtown area was mostly estate sale things. Everywhere you went you could smell mold. I think the biggest restaurant was a McDonald's, we had to drive 45 minutes to get to a more suburban town with more options. I don't think I could handle living in a place like that man... it's one of those towns that was obviously a big place like 100 years ago but totally faded into obscurity once train and river travel stopped being a thing.

Sorry to hear that you had such a rough trip. Hope your family is doing better!
There's a few spots like that outside of my hometown, which is becoming one as the years progress. All in all, it seems like more places are starting to sound like the protagonist's hometown from that William Gibson book, Peripheral.
I'm Canadian myself, but I've still got faith in my American neighbors. I have my own personal preferences to how this election turns out, but if it goes as badly as either side says it could, I know I can count on the other half of the American populace to course-correct in some (hopefully at least peaceful) fashion. Us Canadians gotta adopt a zen approach in these things, hahahaha 
Life is just a game, man. No, I'm serious. Some malevolent deity has trapped me in a game of celestial hopscotch. Please send help.

Foz

• World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • In-Training
  • Tip Jar: 6
  • Andre the Giant has a posse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2016 (09:28 PM) »
WHERE'S THE OUTRAGE?!

"People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death.
Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over.
Yeah, I guess it is a friend." ~Jim Morrison

celebi

• Administrator
  • Champion
  • Tip Jar: 6
    • View Profile
    • The Shining Evolution
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2016 (04:40 AM) »
What's up Foz
plaudite amici

Digimon_Sommelier

• Champion
  • Tip Jar: -3
  • Love, the natural state of the universe . . .
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Burst::. Forums
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2019 (02:50 PM) »
WHERE'S THE OUTRAGE?!

Oh, sh*t. Trump won. Egats.
My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .