Author Topic: Honest thoughts on the 02 epilogue  (Read 2228 times)

Yami Konaka

Honest thoughts on the 02 epilogue
« on: July 05, 2016 (04:17 AM) »
I heard people had mixed feelings when it comes to the quote-unquote "epilogue" of Adventure 02, the second series of the Digimon franchise, so I decided to make a thread for anyone who wish to express their opinion on this subject. Please feel free to do so via comments down below. Thank you.

celebi

Re: Honest thoughts on the 02 epilogue
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016 (04:36 PM) »
I honestly don't know why it bothered anyone. It seemed OK to me.

I mean, what was really the alternative? Is the Digital World supposed to stay secret forever, somehow?
plaudite amici

Yami Konaka

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016 (04:56 PM) »

I mean, what was really the alternative? Is the Digital World supposed to stay secret forever, somehow?
I guess it's to do with the pairings or whatnot.

Digimon_Sommelier

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016 (10:36 PM) »

According to Digimon Adventure Tri, no. I think by the 6th film everyone will know the truth. I'm juggling with the idea that "they'll" find out and me just not wanting them to know. On that note, I think it'll be about 2018 when the last film might be released. Kinda happy that Tri is getting dubbed so soon. Color me excited. :)

Nevertheless, since this is about the 02 epilogue, I remember liking it when it originally aired. Now that Tri is here I've completely converted to the idea that the ending (film 6) will be even better than the 02 epilogue, which drove fans crazy. lol
My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Yami Konaka

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016 (03:53 AM) »
According to Digimon Adventure Tri, no. I think by the 6th film everyone will know the truth. I'm juggling with the idea that "they'll" find out and me just not wanting them to know. On that note, I think it'll be about 2018 when the last film might be released. Kinda happy that Tri is getting dubbed so soon. Color me excited. :)

Nevertheless, since this is about the 02 epilogue, I remember liking it when it originally aired. Now that Tri is here I've completely converted to the idea that the ending (film 6) will be even better than the 02 epilogue, which drove fans crazy. lol
I initially predicted the sixth and last film to be released at March 2019, to celebrate the 20th anniversary.

Digimon_Sommelier

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016 (02:23 PM) »

I initially predicted the sixth and last film to be released at March 2019, to celebrate the 20th anniversary.

I shudder at the thought of the 6th film airing in 2019. But if it would be for the 20th anniversary of Digimon, I guess I could wait. As an aside, I do wonder about what Toei Animation and possibly Bandai Namco are going to do for the 20th, which is less than 3 years away.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016 (04:57 PM) by Digimon_Sommelier »

Yami Konaka

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016 (06:41 AM) »
I shudder at the trhought of the 6th film airing in 2019. But if it would be for the 20th anniversary of Digimon, I guess I could wait. As an aside, I do wonder about what Toei Animation and possibly Bandai Namco are going to do for the 20th, which is less than 3 years away.
Maybe they would bring the characters from the different Digiverses together to something epic, and call it Digimon Generations.

Digimon_Sommelier

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019 (12:15 PM) »
I was right. They did end Tri in 2018. A new movie, showing Tai Kamiya at 22, is going to be released this year. Iím curious...