Author Topic: Holiday Haul '17  (Read 938 times)

jagggar

Holiday Haul '17
« on: December 19, 2017 (01:55 PM) »
Hope everyone's enjoying their holidays and didn't spend too much on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

On that: Wondering who will re-gift after Christmas this year... lol

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii totally spent to much on Black Friday. (Well, I blame the man. He bought a bunch of 40K stuff that wasn't even on sale.)

Also, feel free to include anything you splurged on for yourself. You give presents to people you like, and hopefully we're all at least pretending to like ourselves.

And feel free going back to anything bought (probably for ourselves) from the Halloween season since it's the favorite holiday for like half of us.
in the basement rollin' dice, i'm a wizard
when we play we do it right, candles flicker
fighting dragons in my mind, just for kicks
DM says, 'you're gunna die, roll a d6'

Digimon_Sommelier

Re: Holiday Haul '17
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017 (12:57 PM) »
I did not participate in the splurging madness after Thanksgiving. In fact I rebuke it, really, and I also wouldn't advise buying things that are not on sale. Hitting you in the pocket - ouch. No one needs another million-inch, flat-screen TV thrown into a shopping cart. Video game consoles, eh, maybe. But definitely not something worth close to a thousand dollars. And don't get me started on credit cards - devil, get thee behind me! lol
My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

celebi

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017 (06:00 PM) »
pretty much nothing on black friday is even actually on sale, especially electronics

a common scam is to sell cheaper model tvs as a "great deal" for example

anyway I've bought some books but that's it
plaudite amici

Digimon_Sommelier

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017 (03:37 PM) »
pretty much nothing on black friday is even actually on sale, especially electronics

a common scam is to sell cheaper model tvs as a "great deal" for example

anyway I've bought some books but that's it

Ooh, books!! Enjoy them, celebi. ^.^
My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Myo470

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017 (09:25 AM) »
I'm not really religious but celebrate the commercial Christmas because I support a little economy stimulation any day. Anyway, I didn't really get myself anything this year and all I really want is the Friday the 13th game on ps4 because it looks interesting (and unfortunately contingent upon whether other people are playing or not) , a DNA test that not only targets ancestry but also potential diseases I could develop later on in life, and the new live Ghost album that's coming out. I had a hard time even coming up with that stuff this year to want. :/

Got my bf some cooking stuff because he's into cooking lately, got his sister a gift card, got his mom some wine and am getting both of his parents lottery tickets (his family's not very much in the Christmas spirit, his grandmother just passed away last week), I got my little brother that revamped mini SNES that has 21 games on it and a book, I got my dad a CD, and I got my mom cookie sheets and a mini keg because all she's been asking about for two years now is one and I gave it to her early and there was no "thank you" only "Where am I going to put that?" "How am I going to drink that much beer?" my mother's usual level of appreciation and compassion.
Put your hair in curls, paint you up just like a drag queen~