Author Topic: Digimon Survive [2019]  (Read 998 times)

Digimon_Sommelier

• Champion
  • Tip Jar: -3
  • Love, the natural state of the universe . . .
    • View Profile
    • Megitz: an unfiltered DIGIMON Source . . .
Digimon Survive [2019]
« on: July 23, 2018 (05:30 PM) »
DIGIMON SURVIVE will be out in 2019 for the PS4 and the Nintendo Switch.
My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Myo470

• Ultimate
  • Tip Jar: 14
  • No, I will not find your Myobrella
    • View Profile
Re: Digimon Survive [2019]
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018 (06:27 PM) »
Judging by how seriously my fiance and I jogressed up Detroit: Become Human I'm having doubts about my success rate of choosing how to proceed through the story events of this Digimon game. It's not going to be pretty. XD
Put your hair in curls, paint you up just like a drag queen~

Blacklily13

• Nightmare Queen
  • Global Moderator
  • Rookie
  • Tip Jar: 3
  • Ah, darkness... the perfect cloak for my evil.
    • View Profile
    • My FF.net profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018 (07:27 PM) »
Judging by how seriously my fiance and I jogressed up Detroit: Become Human I'm having doubts about my success rate of choosing how to proceed through the story events of this Digimon game. It's not going to be pretty. XD

Who'd you kill?

Credit for sig goes to SabreWulf.

Words are quoted from DreamTheater's Forsaken

Myo470

• Ultimate
  • Tip Jar: 14
  • No, I will not find your Myobrella
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018 (01:56 AM) »
If you're asking about Detroit: My fiance incited a civil war and I killed Conner and Kara.

If talking about this game: I don't know the characters intimately at all but I saw an Elecmon so assuming there's a Leomon probably that tamer/ the Leomon.
Put your hair in curls, paint you up just like a drag queen~

Digimon_Sommelier

• Champion
  • Tip Jar: -3
  • Love, the natural state of the universe . . .
    • View Profile
    • Megitz: an unfiltered DIGIMON Source . . .
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018 (05:19 PM) »
Why'd Bandai give fans a trailer so long ago if the game is not even due until 2019?? The clip was great, but when is this SRPG coming out? I dare not ask if it's coming to North America.
My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Flamedramon

• Egg
  • Tip Jar: 0
  • Back From the Void!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019 (09:15 PM) »
Aww, you guys beat me to it. /_\

But yeah, I just saw the Dev Diary video on Youtube today, which is coincidentally also the first time I became aware of Digimon Survive. Needless to say, I'm beyond excited for this game! I think it's the first time in many years that something Digimon related got me this worked up, so I'm looking forward to this game's release, and hopefully, MAYBE, a North American release of the game. Considering how much they talked about wanting to push the Digimon franchise overseas, I'm feeling strangely hopeful that this is a good sign of things to come. ^.^

That said, the cynic in me is keeping up enough of an emotional wall so that if the final product isn't up to the hype after all, I can feel justified in my distrust of anything that's too good to be true. Then again, these are the same people who have made Digimon games I've enjoyed in some way or another, and I have to remember not everyone is a seedy, scummy scam artist, so I may need to tone down the dread by quite a bit. But still, I just don't want anyone or anything to rain on my parade, considering things like this don't happen to me as often as I'd like them to.

DIGIMON SURVIVE will be out in 2019 for the PS4 and the Nintendo Switch.

It'll be on the Switch as well?! Now I have options! But seriously, that makes me pretty happy, seeing as I've had some issues regarding my PS4 lately (nothing major; just small personal problems of mine,) and it'd be nice to enjoy a game I'm excited for on a system I prefer, instead of being stuck on some system that's left me feeling burnt out.

Well, time to binge on some Digimon media in the meantime. If more news of Digimon Survive comes out, you can bet I'll sponge it up and want to discuss it ASAP.

Ryo

• Vuvuzela Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Egg
  • Tip Jar: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019 (03:36 PM) »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmyiPVOih8g

Yeah, I watched this Dev Diary thing yesterday too, and got real stoked about it. Especially hyped for how much the producer was saying he wants to echo the vibe of the first few anime series with how the characters develop relationships with their partners. I'm not big on visual novel style games, but this looks like a healthy mix of that styled with the heart of Digimon and tactical RPG elements to keep my interest.

I think it's actually releasing on all gaming platforms (including PC) now, but yea I've been excited to have a Digimon game for my Switch since it's pretty much just been gathering dust since I finished BoTW
You either die a TKTakeru or live long enough to see yourself become a Machina

Flamedramon

• Egg
  • Tip Jar: 0
  • Back From the Void!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019 (04:32 PM) »
Yeah, I watched this Dev Diary thing yesterday too, and got real stoked about it. Especially hyped for how much the producer was saying he wants to echo the vibe of the first few anime series with how the characters develop relationships with their partners. I'm not big on visual novel style games, but this looks like a healthy mix of that styled with the heart of Digimon and tactical RPG elements to keep my interest.

Agreed all the way. At first, when he was discussing hopes and plans for the game, I was just sitting there, taking it all in. But it was when they began actually describing the game as such that I found myself yelling "YES!" or "IT'S LIKE YOU'RE LIVING THE ANIME!" at my screen. Like Ryo, I don't normally do visual novel games, but I think this somehow works perfectly well for something like Digimon. Actually, thinking about it, I'm surprised this hasn't been done before yet.

And is it just me, or does the tactical RPG combat system look like it works well for the kind of fighting you'd see in the older anime? I mean, instead of a Pokémon-esque turn based system that feels a bit off when you apply it to Digimon, I rather like the idea of commanding your digimon to different spaces on the battlefield, choosing who to attack, and how many of your digimon will fight together, or rather, if you want to fight alone. To me, it feels like with all these options, you could imagine any of these scenarios re-enacting some moment or fight in any of the first few anime. There have certainly been fights involving one on one combat between digimon, but there were also fights that had multiple digimon teaming up to either fight one opponent (such as that one fight against Etemon, or hell, the FIRST fight in the anime against Kuwagamon,) or where they had to fight a whole group of enemies. Maybe it is just me, but seeing the game's combat system function like this, along with what Ryo already pointed out, makes this all feel like a genuine Digimon experience to me. I freakin' love it.