Author Topic: New Digimon Adventure movie  (Read 451 times)

Ryo

New Digimon Adventure movie
« on: August 21, 2018 (08:39 PM) »
sup nerds
you guys wanna talk about some Digimon on this Digimon forum? cause I got some steamy hot Digiman news right here for you.

Brand new Digimon Adventure movie coming sometime next year.
Details are slim for now.
All we know is it'll be a story with the Adventure kids in their 20's
Digimon are getting designed by OG Digimon Adventure designer, Kenji Watanabe
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, the person responsible for character designs in the first Digimon series, will be handling character designs here too.
Seki Hiromi, a producer of Digimon seasons 1-4, is listed as a supervisor for the as-of-now untitled project.
Tai & crew are in their early 20's (meaning this would be 5 years after Tri. if they're indeed following up on the story told there)

I'm pretty out of touch with any sort of anime news cycle, but I imagine we'll get a real slow trickle of news followed by the whole movie's plot being spoiled by its release date.
Will we get a follow up from Tri's less-than-stellar story? Will there be 02 kids involved? Will Agumon teach Tai how to do his taxes? Who knows.

I didn't enjoy tri that much, since it felt like it was made by someone who vaguely remembers Digimon Adventure and didn't care enough to secure a budget high enough to tell the story they had to tell.
That said, it's hard not to get a little excited about anything Digimon related
It's also real nice hearing three of the OG creators of the series will be on board with this instead of pawning off a sellable idea to the Persona guys as with Tri.
You either die a TKTakeru or live long enough to see yourself become a Machina

Digimon_Sommelier

Re: New Digimon Adventure movie
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018 (08:18 PM) »
I am not pleased about the creators aging the 'Adventure' characters past their teen years. What's next? Rika in a wheelchair?
My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Myo470

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018 (11:52 PM) »
I am not pleased about the creators aging the 'Adventure' characters past their teen years. What's next? Rika in a wheelchair?

What other possible direction could they have gone in? Tai and the gang were already highschool seniors...
Put your hair in curls, paint you up just like a drag queen~

jagggar

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018 (03:39 AM) »
Uh, when you realize you've got 30 year old fans still lusting over the same characters almost two decades later, you might wanna make your characters not jailbait anymore.

But yeah, if Rika gets in an accident or is injured in a Digimon attack, she'd totally rock that wheelchair. It would certainly not make her helpless.

What other possible direction could they have gone in? Tai and the gang were already highschool seniors...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkCPpjPUhOU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkCPpjPUhOU</a>

Will Agumon teach Tai how to do his taxes?
"Pepper Breath!"
in the basement rollin' dice, i'm a wizard
when we play we do it right, candles flicker
fighting dragons in my mind, just for kicks
DM says, 'you're gunna die, roll a d6'

Digimon_Sommelier

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018 (10:21 PM) »
I respectfully disagree. Keeping them young, aging gradually (a year older at the most), would keep the franchise fresh. Aging slowly= more adventures of the youth!! Think about it.

And I meant retirement home Rika, since you read my post wrong. I respectfully dissent, Myo and Jagggar.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018 (03:36 PM) by Digimon_Sommelier »

Ryo

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018 (06:09 PM) »
Honestly, ditching the "gimmick" evolution of each new season as the selling point, and giving us a series every few years with the Adventure (or Tamer) kids aged up each time would be a killer strategy to separate Digimon from the other pokemon and monster series out there.
They're already only selling in the west based of nostalgia, I don't see why leaning into that would be a bad thing at all.
You either die a TKTakeru or live long enough to see yourself become a Machina

Digimon_Sommelier

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018 (11:27 PM) »
I disagree. Constantly aging them will eventually mean the end to the original cast, I fear.

Maybe I'm overreacting. ^.^