Author Topic: Pokemon Sword Version and Pokemon Shield Version  (Read 153 times)

Digimon_Sommelier

• Champion
  • Tip Jar: -3
  • Love, the natural state of the universe . . .
    • View Profile
    • Megitz: an unfiltered DIGIMON Source . . .
Pokemon Sword Version and Pokemon Shield Version
« on: February 28, 2019 (11:27 PM) »
Generation 8 of the Pokemon games, two new installments titled Pokemon Sword Version and Pokemon Shield Version, are coming out in late 2019. ^.^

What do you guys think of this?
My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Flamedramon

• Egg
  • Tip Jar: 0
  • Back From the Void!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Sword Version and Pokemon Shield Version
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019 (06:14 AM) »
Firstly, it dawned on me yesterday that we could refer to both Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield as "Pokémon Aegislash" due to Aegislash's whole sword and shield gimmick. Even if I'm the only one who does this, I'm still gonna refer to these games as Pokémon Aegislash regardless. It's fun. lol

And secondly, as for the topic at hand, I'm currently unsure whether to be hopeful or deeply concerned about these new games. On one hand, they look like they could be promising, but appearances can be deceiving, so I'll have to wait and see how things develop from here. On the other hand, well... I've been burned one too many times by Game Freak this past decade. While I enjoyed Pokémon Black, White, Black 2, White 2, X and Y, and I loved seeing some Gen 1 nostalgia in all its glory back in 2016, I'm also one of those guys who has a bone to pick with Pokémon Go, and I ended up loathing how Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon turned out too. Not to mention after looking up information on Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu and Pokémon Let's Go! Eevee, my disappointment continues to grow.

So... yeah. I'm not sure if Pokémon Aegislash is going to revitalize the franchise for me like how Black and White did after I'd grown sick and tired of Gens 3 and 4, or if it's going to be more of the same. I pray to all that is holy that it's the former. I really, really do.

On one last note, as with practically every game, I think the landscape looks stunning and gorgeous. Galar looks like a real treat for the eyes. And if I'm not mistaken, I believe this is going to be based on the British isles? That industrial city and the large clock tower just screamed "London" and "Big Ben" to me respectively. Also hey, the Pokémon world may have crop circle phenomena too; that's amusing to say the least. I choose to blame this on Elgyem and Beheeyem of course.

As for the starters... Well, I'm not sold on Scorbunny. Just looks too much like the kind of Pokémon I disliked from Hoenn, Sinnoh and Alola, so I may pass on him if I get either game. Sobble looks a bit more promising, though it's hard for me to say why. If I had to make a guess, maybe it's because it looks a bit similar to Squirtle? (Which is what I started with back when I got into Pokémon mind you.) As for Grookey, I'm iffy. I wasn't impressed at all when I first saw it, but over time the little fella is kind of growing on me. Probably helps that I'm easily amused by monkeys and apes. :shrug So we'll see which of the two I side with if the day ever comes that I pick up either Sword or Shield.

C'mon Game Freak, please don't drop the ball again. I could use a genuinely great Pokémon adventure to boost my spirits again.

Digimon_Sommelier

• Champion
  • Tip Jar: -3
  • Love, the natural state of the universe . . .
    • View Profile
    • Megitz: an unfiltered DIGIMON Source . . .
Re: Pokemon Sword Version and Pokemon Shield Version
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019 (02:52 PM) »
The Pokemon: Sword and Shield Versions being released means *sigh* another depressing Pokemon anime. Why are they killing my childhood? *stab stab stabbing it*
My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .