Author Topic: Who Are You in the World?  (Read 366 times)

Digimon_Sommelier

• Champion
  • Tip Jar: -3
  • Love, the natural state of the universe . . .
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Burst::. Forums
Who Are You in the World?
« on: March 19, 2019 (07:15 PM) »
Q: Who are you in the world?

I'm selfless, genuine, passionate, artistic, driven, motivating, tough, with a mental bastion, hopeful, always wanting to try new things, I wanna' say innovative, emotional, I'm a perfectionist, supportive, caring, and smart. I am a ham with loved ones and I love making history. I fear being forgotten, tearful, a loner but afraid to be alone, I take responsibility for my actions, I pay the price for being too kind, and I am dead set on becoming a legend. It is one of my deepest wishes in this world. ^.^
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019 (08:35 PM) by Digimon_Sommelier »
My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Flamedramon

• Fresh
  • Tip Jar: 0
  • Back From the Void!
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You in the World?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019 (08:23 PM) »
Interesting; I'll give this a shot. So let's see here...

Positives: I also take responsibility for my actions, but also for the well-being of others placed in my care, or anything I desired owning. I seem to be creative and probably artistic as well, and I'm certainly intelligent enough to take care of myself, so... yeah. I have a good (albeit sometimes "warped," as my mother likes to teasingly call it) sense of humor, and I enjoy being helpful and supporting towards others; possibly to a fault even. I stick to being a kind, friendly and loving person, who'd rather approach others with politeness and respect instead of the alternative, and I have always told myself I prefer to make friends, not enemies. I believe in being patient for what you want, even if I take it to the Nth degree and literally wait for years before I can get something on my personal wish list; even to the point where what I've been waiting for may be outdated by the time I get it. I also adhere to the rule of sharing what you have with others and being grateful for what you're given, even if it's not what you wanted or expected. I'm compassionate enough that when I see someone else in pain, I share in their pain almost immediately and wish to help them through it. This also ties in to me being a sensitive soul, as I can be rather sentimental and touchy-feely at times. In other words, I've been told I wear my heart on my sleeve. I also personally enjoy the satisfaction of earning something you've worked hard for, instead of simply being given something for free. Another virtue I pursue is loyalty; if there's someone or something you love, and they treat you kindly and lovingly in return, I believe you should stay by their side for as humanly long as possible. Additionally, I like staying committed to whatever I get involved with, be it a personal relationship, a promise, an obligation, or what have you. I have little patience for people who refuse to keep their commitments.

Other than that, from what people have told me, I seem to be brave enough to act strong and dependable in even the most horrifying ordeals (even though I don't see it that way from my perspective. I panic easily.) I've also been told by a friend that many of my positive and negative emotions and behavioral traits stem from me caring so much about others and the things I love, which I'm inclined to believe. If I didn't care about anything, I wouldn't give it a second thought. From what my own mother has told me, I seem to overthink things too. Judging from how long this post is already, well, I think you get the idea. Though on the bright side, at least this means I'm a thoughtful and considerate person. Other traits I'm told I have are that I'm generous, imaginative and that I'm "humble to a fault." Granted however, I've gotten better at taking pride in myself lately.

...Oh right, and I rather enjoy the fact that I'm a passionate fellow. If I like someone or something, I'll make it apparent. On that note, I also forgot to point out that going hand in hand with loyalty and commitment, I'm also a rather determined fella'. For better or worse when it comes to me, I have a hard time knowing when to give up. That said though, I do know when to fold 'em every now and again. It's all a case by case basis, ya know?

Negatives: Hoo boy, here we go. So, what comes first to mind is my (in)famous short temper. While I've gotten better at controlling it as I've grown over the years, I'm still quite the hot-head at times. Push the right buttons and I can be easy to tick off. Once upset, I can take things a bit too far and end up doing and saying things I might regret later, which leads me to bottling up my anger while I'm in the moment, which is, of course, also unhealthy. Despite my intelligence, I've noticed I can be quite spacey at times, leading me to do some embarrassingly foolish and stupid things. What a joy that is, he said sarcastically. As I get older, it's becoming more apparent how clumsy I am too. Most of the injuries I sustain seem to be a result of my own undoing or blatant carelessness. And as mentioned earlier, my habit of overthinking things can be a bad habit, as it leads me to making mountains out of molehills and not allowing myself to live in the moment and take things as they come. It also causes me to become obsessive if something really catches my attention. As for my determination? At its worst, it can become outright stubbornness; causing me to either not budge an inch if I don't want to do something, or become a total pain in the ass if I'm forced into it. Likewise, when it comes to being "humble to a fault," this has roots in my lifelong struggle with self-esteem. I'm much better at it now as an adult than when I was a kid, but I'm sure it's still lurking somewhere in my subconscious. Even my sensitivity can be used against me, as this extends not only to emotional sensitivity, but also physical and mental sensitivity too. It's for this reason why I can't watch anything with gore in it, why I can't stand someone or something that I may deem too "mean-spirited" (whatever that may entail,) and why the thought of visiting a dentist or going into surgery sends me into hysterics. Not to mention, Heaven forbid, something horrible happens to my loved ones or my cherished belongings. I'll probably lose my mind by that point.

As mentioned before, given the right circumstances, I panic easily. If something I dread is approaching, or an unexpected disaster occurs, I naturally start freaking out while simultaneously trying to be the tough, brave guy of the group. Not fun. Coming back to my anger however, this has also lead me to act unnaturally cold, rude and disrespectful if someone seriously gets on my nerves. As ashamed as I am to admit this, I have done this to people I called my friends in the past, whether it was justified or not. Thankfully though, the most I'll do is stuff like flipping the bird or giving the cold shoulder, but still. On that lovely note, this has reminded me that I can be petty and easily biased too, as my history with the Pokémon franchise has shown. I also actively attempt to hold grudges until I feel vindicated. Yaaay. Speaking of vindictive, when angered, I often find myself thinking about how much I'd like to get back at anyone or anything that I feel has upset me.

Other unpleasant things about myself include what I believe to be my cynicism. As I get older and life continues to drag me down with it, I find myself losing hope that things will get better, and losing trust in people I don't know more and more. Often I find myself seeing the world as a glass half empty. Speaking of sad things, I can easily make myself depressed by obsessing over nasty and unfortunate things for too long, so naturally I try to combat that as best I can.

And before I forget, here's a few final thoughts about myself I forgot to add in.

Addendum: I'm also a person who believes in the power of faith. I'm self-reliant, be it a good or bad thing per situation, and so I usually refuse help from others as I "don't want to bother them." I'm a rather lazy fellow, considering I hate putting in too much effort for things I want (and especially the stuff I don't want.) At certain times I can be forgiving, and at others I can be merciless. Lately, I think I might be a bit ambitious, if not overly ambitious. I'm someone who's stuck in his ways and prefers familiar, older things over something new and innovative. Hand in hand with that is my preference for practicality over flights of fancy. I also prefer honesty over deceit, though this can lead me to being too honest and open for my own good.

And, uhh, I guess that's it? That's as much as I can remember about myself without going into major soul searching and second-guessing territory. That, and I think I need a break now before my brain is fried any further.

Digimon_Sommelier

• Champion
  • Tip Jar: -3
  • Love, the natural state of the universe . . .
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Burst::. Forums
Re: Who Are You in the World?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019 (07:24 PM) »
Thanks. :)
My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .