celebi

• Administrator
  • Champion
  • Tip Jar: 6
    • View Profile
    • The Shining Evolution
Rules
« on: June 10, 2012 (08:49 PM) »
1). No flaming, bashing, or spamming. A heated debate is acceptable, personal attacks are not. Repeated offenses may result in a warning or suspension.

2). This is a PG-13 board. DDF is a Digimon forum, and Digimon is targeted towards children. Many of our members and lurkers are younger children. Keep this in mind as you post. Additionally, consider that many children are behind web filtering software; inappropriate language may mean that they cannot view the forums at all. For this reason, we have set up a censor to catch specific words when used in the forum. (See list below.) Do not dodge the auto-censor. A word not being on the autocensor does not mean it is acceptable. Use your discretion.
  • "duck" --> jogress

If you're participating in an RP or writing a fanfic where you feel the use of some non PG-13 language or imagery is for some reason absolutely necessary, ask a moderator for permission to tag your topic appropriately.

3). Do not create multiple accounts.

4). Do not ban-dodge. We will know.

5). Moderator edits. Sometimes moderators edit comments into posts using a color unique to the mod. This is almost always done to warn the poster. Editing  them out of posts is an excellent way to get yourself into more trouble.

The following colors are assigned to these mods... so far...
King Dusk - Green
Foz - Purple
Anthy - Orange
Blacklily13 - Red

6).Double-posting is bad. Double-posting is the act of posting twice in a row in a topic without someone posting in between your posts. Your posts have an edit button and you are expected to use it. Double-posts may be merged into one with a warning or deleted without notice. These are the only exceptions for double-posting:
  • The RPG Boards - Only in the thread of the game you are playing, of course.
  • Fan Fiction and Writing - Only in a thread of your own creation, and only for updates to the writing.
  • Art/Graphics Board - If you're just showing off some art you made in a thread, double-posting is allowed to add more. However, we do not want to see one picture per post.

7). Restricted thread types:Some thread types lend themselves to spamming, even though it is perfectly possible to craft good, thought-provoking versions of them. That doesn't happen as often as I'd like to think, though, so the following are restricted to the Free For All board:
  • Game threads - Games like "Re-name the Person above You"
  • Testing my Signature/post codes
  • Character Versus Other Character Threads

8) Don't vandalize the wiki, please. Your account on the forums and the wiki are the same. If you cause trouble here, you will be suspended from there, and vice versa.

9). Avatar and Signature size: Avatars cannot exceed a size of 135x135px. Avatars will be refused if larger than this if linked from an external site, or resized, if uploaded. Signatures can be no taller than 200px and no wider than 550px. You can have no more than 8 images of any size in your signature, and you are limited to one banner-sized image.

10). The rules in the chat are naturally more lax than those of the forum. Keep it civil and do not post NSFW material.

11) All of these rules apply also to private messages. If you receive spam, or harassing PMs from another member, report the private message and contact a moderator.

12)*

As you post, your user level will increase according to the following values:
0 - Egg
15 - Fresh
40 - In-Training
120 - Rookie
250 - Champion
500 - Ultimate
1000 - Mega

*Enforced at the sole discretion of the administrators.
plaudite amici

Digimon_Sommelier

• Champion
  • Tip Jar: -3
  • Love, the natural state of the universe . . .
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Burst::. Forums
Re: Rules
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013 (04:38 PM) »
The TDD rulebook is out of date. 2013 has called with a bullhorn. lol I think some mods have changed their aliases and/or have left the site, if I'm not mistaken.

Just an innocent observation . . .
My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Machina

• Champion
  • Tip Jar: 21
  • Proud to be TDD's Personal Satan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013 (05:56 PM) »
I can't remember the last time I had to censor an entire post. Do I just delete it or leave a comment, so it's known the post was deleted?

Whatever. Machina!

-shakes fist at uncaring sky-
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013 (07:42 PM) by Enaz »

Enaz

• Retired
  • Champion
  • Tip Jar: 14
  • Master of Ridiculous Ceremonies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013 (07:56 PM) »
The TDD rulebook is out of date. 2013 has called with a bullhorn. lol I think some mods have changed their aliases and/or have left the site, if I'm not mistaken.

Just an innocent observation . . .

Actually...I'm not sure what you're observing, since all of these members are still under the same names, and whether they're around frequently or not, they're all still officially staff. Mod colors don't get used much anymore, but, realistically, there's not that moderating that needs doing nowadays.

Except for you, Machina.  lol

Machina

• Champion
  • Tip Jar: 21
  • Proud to be TDD's Personal Satan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013 (10:34 PM) »

Digimon_Sommelier

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013 (04:20 PM) »
1.There's not that moderating that needs doing nowadays.

2. Except for you, Machina.  lol

1. @Enaz: Case and point? Maybe it's a good idea to reset the list, since the mods are still in power, but don't have to do their jobs? *Shrugs* I'll be doing that next cycle at [redacted] later this month. Dunno. Seems like a smart thing to do, personally . . .

2. I don't mind Machina. He provides balance. He's a genius, really. :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013 (07:48 PM) by King Dusk »

Enaz

• Retired
  • Champion
  • Tip Jar: 14
  • Master of Ridiculous Ceremonies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013 (04:29 PM) »
That penguin gif cracked me up. Yeah, you better waddle away...

And, while I wouldn't start out a new site with more staff than it needs, I don't see any particular reason to cull our existing staff just because they're retired, officially or unofficially, or because they're not necessary. It just seems courteous to let them "keep their keys," so to speak. That doesn't apply to all walks of life, obviously, but there's no harm in it here.

Digimon_Sommelier

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013 (04:35 PM) »
@Enaz: Whatever works. I am only here to offer help, Enaz, and to offer a suggestion that's no less valid than the next. No "I" in team as they say!

• Fresh
  • Tip Jar: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014 (10:49 PM) »
Many of our members and lurkers are younger children.
That's nowhere near true now! lol I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest on here! It's pretty safe to say that this site is for the older fans older fans(considering that no one even goes to forums unless they're older hard-core fans...) Plus, with the NSFW New Years posts, I'd say it's the only choice now. :P
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014 (03:51 PM) by CyanBlitz »

celebi

• Administrator
  • Champion
  • Tip Jar: 6
    • View Profile
    • The Shining Evolution
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014 (08:22 AM) »
There were NSFW posts?

I know at one point we were considering a subforum where that kind of thing was okay.
plaudite amici