Poll

Dungeons & Dragons + Pokemon should have...

Only Humans, no other 'races'
0 (0%)
Humans
1 (16.7%)
Demihumans (dwarves/elves/hobb- halflings/etc.)
1 (16.7%)
"Monster races" (goblinoids/kobolds/orcs/etc.)
1 (16.7%)
All D&D monsters - even when overlapping with Pokemon
0 (0%)
Some D&D monsters - ones that don't overlap with Pokemon
1 (16.7%)
Only monsters are Pokemon - No D&D monsters
1 (16.7%)
Pokemon are just Pokemon
1 (16.7%)
Some Pokemon are treated like Demihumans, but can still be captured like Pokemon
0 (0%)
Some Pokemon are treated like Demihumans, but can NOT be captured like Pokemon
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Dungeons & Dragonites  (Read 17873 times)

jagggar

Dungeons & Dragonites
« on: August 26, 2013 (06:39 PM) »
Oh, right, I'm not at work anymore. Time to get to editing....

So, I kinda want to develop a Dungeons & Dragons/Pokemon crossover fic (and possibly RP at some point). Unfortunately, I'm having difficulty deciding just what sort of mix I want it to be.

I see crossover possibilities on a continuum, with expanding on the time of Sir Aaron at one end and adding Pokemon to an existing (or homebrew) Dungeons & Dragons setting on the other.

Having typical fantasy races instead of just humans means I'd (probably) need to figure out their place in the world.
Likewise with orcs, goblins, and kobolds, but their place is likely in the dungeon or raiding towns. Not including these would mean fewer preexisting adventures I could rip off. I almost think it would be easier to include them than to include elves and dwarves.

I don't really want to have ALL D&D monsters in it and just layer Pokemon on top. (And yet, I did include that as an option.  ??? )
I'm not sure if I should have some D&D monsters in it, or just stick to Pokemon.

So, here's a poll, and while I'm not considering it binding, I hope it'll help me pick a direction. Hopefully some of you are willing to expand on your choices and we can have a conversation about the options.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013 (11:21 PM) by jagggar »
in the basement rollin' dice, i'm a wizard
when we play we do it right, candles flicker
fighting dragons in my mind, just for kicks
DM says, 'you're gunna die, roll a d6'

☀Taichi

Re: Dungeons & Dragonites
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017 (08:58 PM) »
well like right away,
I think,
you need to discover, more about pokemon
there's only 150 pokemon, but more are to be discovered?
but also, there's more evolutions we don't know about

they didn't have sun stones in kanto? no one knew about Bellosom, so, what if they were around, all over? some animal migration? someone had brought them all in?

do you think, they'd just know pokemon secrets, and make sun stones? kinda sounds like what they'd do.. where do the stones come from?

if there were no, water stones, or Oak had no idea, where to find them, what water's everywhere? so's the sun, don't be dumb, yes, Simba, you're right, the light is touching the shadow over there, good job, duh...

what I mean is, I've heard Zapdos is an ultrabeast, and evil monster,
and came from that Fearow who wanted to torture forever, endlessly, and got lit up by Pikachu?
Pikachu, didn't make a mistake, but the monster changed forms,
but then I heard,
Pikachu doesn't really, not just, become Raikou, in response, because it can? Pikachu can't just, keep deciding to move?

so like, where did Mewtwo come from? did you know I've heard they captured Bill, and tortured him, horribly, and like, if you didn't know, sung silver,
is metal forged into
high class, usable things, by harmonic resonances,
steel, is tortured silver, or, valuable metal, 'silver' by kanji, so if someone already very powerful, and intuitive pokemon, with incredible powers, is forced to undergo torment, and mega evolve himself?
what if, he knew they were looking for a weapon to destroy Mew? trying to make one?
like Doomsday, to kill Superman. Did he think, don't ever stop, keep moving, don't let them think you can't do it, don't stop, don't stop, don't stop...
and what, didn't change anymore?
he couldn't not...
but like, the story I also heard, was that he took trainers like Ash,
who lost all the time, because dominating pokemon battle wasn't, what he was trying to do...
and yet,
when Mewtwo valued Mew, and set to draw him out, he pitched trainers like that, against evil pokemon users, slavers, who DID win all their battles,
and Ash, never, stopped, thrashing, every one of them, Misty did too, her pokemon never, stopped moving, never, let down,
because Mewtwo had brought thousands, to watch... millions?

so like, I've heard Ash never thought he wasn't a pokemon himself... Bill too?
why would you think, they'd just, be human?
they could evolve...

jagggar

Re: Dungeons & Dragonites
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017 (08:39 PM) »
Are you aware of what Dungeons & Dragons is at all?

Because your post seems to have nothing to do with what I was asking for help with.
in the basement rollin' dice, i'm a wizard
when we play we do it right, candles flicker
fighting dragons in my mind, just for kicks
DM says, 'you're gunna die, roll a d6'