Author Topic: Getting to Know You  (Read 142220 times)

Blacklily13

• Nightmare Queen
  • Global Moderator
  • Rookie
  • Tip Jar: 3
  • Ah, darkness... the perfect cloak for my evil.
    • View Profile
    • My FF.net profile
Getting to Know You
« on: June 13, 2012 (08:19 PM) »
So this is continuing the "Get to Know Your Fellow Members" game, and seeing as how it was really popular and lasted for 5 years (yes, it started in '07), I thought we could keep it up.

Rules are simple: Ask a question, and the next person answers yours and asks their own.

So, what do you think of the forum change?

Credit for sig goes to SabreWulf.

Words are quoted from DreamTheater's Forsaken

Dark Kaizer

• I TOLD YOU I'D GET IT
  • Champion
  • Tip Jar: 10
  • Prepare your anus.
    • View Profile
Re: Getting to Know You
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012 (09:09 PM) »
I don't mind it. Gives us a clean slate to work with and room to build.

In your opinion, do you think arguing about the reset and the imperfections at this point is good in any way for bringing in new members?

jagggar

• Ultimate
  • Tip Jar: 22
  • Not today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012 (10:20 PM) »
The arguing itself? No.
If we can focus and figure out what we want and get along enough to follow through, I think we can find what we need.

Though, I think more important than bringing in new members is becoming a community that is welcoming and embracing to new members though still willing to listen when newbies scream, "BAD TOUCH! BAD TOUCH!"

What one change would you want to see on the board (which the staff can enact, no "everyone be nice to eachother" crap)? What positive and negative effects do you believe this change would bring?
in the basement rollin' dice, i'm a wizard
when we play we do it right, candles flicker
fighting dragons in my mind, just for kicks
DM says, 'you're gunna die, roll a d6'

Maki, Commander Blade

• Fresh
  • Tip Jar: 5
  • SWINE FLU, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012 (08:34 AM) »
No Karma system EVER. I think it'll make me feel a lot more comfortable to know no one is fapping to me.

Favorite muppet?
Xenu is now back to being Maki...
PH34R MY PHOTOSHOP L337 SK1LL5 :S

Dark Kaizer

• I TOLD YOU I'D GET IT
  • Champion
  • Prepare your anus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012 (08:40 AM) »
Oscar is the obvious choice.

Favorite movie of all time? (If you can't choose one, then Top 5)

KageTamerXIII

• Fresh
  • Tip Jar: 2
  • Hi....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012 (01:41 PM) »
These are my top 5:
1. The Avengers (2012)
2. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
3. Ironman
4. The Dark Knight
5. John carter

Well...most recently...

Besides Digimon, what other animation do you like? Please name the top 5.

...I'm not dead.
I heart Dragons and Ponies.  ^W^

^Sig by SabreWulf My deviantART

Athena

• In-Training
  • Tip Jar: 2
  • Insert something witty.
    • View Profile
    • Acadis Vulgaris
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012 (09:40 PM) »
I don't watch that much animated TV nowadays except for American Dad! and Futurama.  Occasionally.

To those of you who live in cultures where tipping is customary-- have you ever stiffed a tip?  Be honest!  If so, what were the circumstances (like bad service)?

Dark Kaizer

• I TOLD YOU I'D GET IT
  • Champion
  • Prepare your anus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012 (11:07 PM) »
I've actually never stiffed a tip if I'm the one paying. I always give at least five dollars, and that's not even pushing it. Every time I go out to eat with friends, I'm usually the one paying, and my waiters/waitresses have always done their job right.

What band/artist do you find yourself listening to more than others currently?

King Dusk

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012 (09:39 AM) »
Nicki Minaj' new album. Like I can't stop hearing it in my head. It's... yes, I know, I'm suuuuuper gay.

If you could partner up with one villain from any video game, who would it be and why?

Enaz

• Retired
  • Champion
  • Tip Jar: 14
  • Master of Ridiculous Ceremonies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012 (10:13 AM) »
Does Cave Johnson (Portal 2) count as a villain? He might have been bat-crap crazy, but you can't say he wasn't a driven individual. For Science!

An anime/manga/game/movie/book character that you found particularly influenced you? How so?

Noble

• Fresh
  • Tip Jar: 0
  • Photographing payphones since '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012 (01:11 AM) »
As a man with few heroes, it's hard to pick a fictional character that was strongly influential. However, given the nature of my ideas and plans for the future from the last number of months, I would have to point my finger at James Moriarty, from either the books or the BBC Series. Yes, I know some might groan at that, but to be fair (and possibly earn some horn-rimmed glasses for myself) I had learned of the BBC series quite a while before it became the sort of thing frequently ruined on Tumblr. A friend's mother had pointed out an apparent similarity between myself and a character within the TV series, and it caught my curiosity.
I suppose I just love the notion of a single feared-but-mostly-unknown figure pulling strings in the background, I suppose. Power and anonymity had always struck me as being mutually exclusive for some reason, so this was a nice reminder.

Would you be more interested in a fantasy-based story, or one involving hard science fiction?
Life is just a game, man. No, I'm serious. Some malevolent deity has trapped me in a game of celestial hopscotch. Please send help.

King Dusk

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012 (10:35 AM) »
Does Cave Johnson (Portal 2) count as a villain? He might have been bat-crap crazy, but you can't say he wasn't a driven individual. For Science!

Well, I'd say antagonist for Chell, but definitely a villain for GLaDOS. Poor GLaDOS. Either way, it counts.

Would you be more interested in a fantasy-based story, or one involving hard science fiction?

Fantasy, without hesitation, forever and ever.

If you could go back to any period in time and contribute one thing to history without altering the timeline in a major way, what would it be?

Maki, Commander Blade

• Fresh
  • Tip Jar: 5
  • SWINE FLU, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012 (05:07 PM) »
If you could go back to any period in time and contribute one thing to history without altering the timeline in a major way, what would it be?

"It's OK to masturbate, folks. Nothing wrong or sinful about it, you won't grow hair on your palms or go blind, it's OK to have sex and not make babies too. And oil is bad, oil is evil... kill anyone who takes it out of the ground."

There's one person in your life who you know just needs to get laid. Who is it? Don't have to be specific, and you don't have to give names either... but who is that person and how can you tell they need to get laid?
Xenu is now back to being Maki...
PH34R MY PHOTOSHOP L337 SK1LL5 :S

Foz

• World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • In-Training
  • Tip Jar: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012 (11:09 PM) »
There's one person in your life who you know just needs to get laid. Who is it? Don't have to be specific, and you don't have to give names either... but who is that person and how can you tell they need to get laid?

Digimon_Sommelier. It's pretty obvious why.

What do you like with your pancakes and/or waffles?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012 (11:13 PM) by Foz »

jagggar

• Ultimate
  • Tip Jar: 22
  • Not today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012 (11:36 PM) »
World domination.

Bacon or sex?
in the basement rollin' dice, i'm a wizard
when we play we do it right, candles flicker