Author Topic: Getting to Know You  (Read 142219 times)

Anthy

• DDF Princess
  • Champion
  • Tip Jar: 18
  • And someday, together...
    • View Profile
Re: Getting to Know You
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012 (11:47 PM) »
Neither, I prefer prosciutto.
(if I absolutely absolutely have to pick... bacon. but I don't really like bacon that much.)

Summer's coming. Mankinis or banana hammocks? pick one.
So long, and thanks for all the fish

"I love the word 'fate'. It makes me believe I'm never alone.
I love you. I will never forget you. Forever and ever."

In loving memory ~ 8.5.1990-8.22.2010

Noble

• Fresh
  • Tip Jar: 0
  • Photographing payphones since '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012 (01:37 AM) »
Banana hammock. I feel like I haven't made my neighbors, family and grand total of about four close friends cry enough recently.

Travel a hundred years into the future, or a hundred years into the past?
Life is just a game, man. No, I'm serious. Some malevolent deity has trapped me in a game of celestial hopscotch. Please send help.

Maki, Commander Blade

• Fresh
  • Tip Jar: 5
  • SWINE FLU, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012 (04:02 AM) »
A hundred years into the past, to kill Hitler.

It's a contractual obligation, you get a time trip you have to kill Hitler.

XKCD said so, it has to be true.

There's this hypothetical girl, she says she likes you, she says she wants to go out with you and be your girlfriend, she's cute, funny, sexy, kinky,  the works, totally out of your league, you know she's not insane, you know she has no STD's, you know she has no criminal record, you know she has no jogressed up teeth, and no lingering feelings for past boyfriends.

She's also a republican, a creationist, and believes homosexuality to be a sin.

Yay or nay?

Change that to a guy if you're into guys  (s/he still believes homosexuality to be a sin, even if your preferences happen to make him gay/lesbian).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012 (04:09 AM) by Maki, Commander Blade »
Xenu is now back to being Maki...
PH34R MY PHOTOSHOP L337 SK1LL5 :S

Machina

• Champion
  • Tip Jar: 21
  • Proud to be TDD's Personal Satan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012 (04:19 AM) »
None of those negatives matter with a properly applied collar, gag, and punishment impliment.

"I don't like fags!"

"Hey, guess what, I don't give a shit. Ker-ziiiiiiiiiip."

"Did you serious just say- Oh no, I poop from there!"

"Not right now you don't."

Is anyone really so naive as to think I'd actually keep things PG-13?

King Dusk

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012 (01:20 PM) »
It's not a matter of naivety. But, to answer the question, yes. Belphegor is probably that gullible.

If you could fuse a human and any animal, what would it be?

Dark Kaizer

• I TOLD YOU I'D GET IT
  • Champion
  • Tip Jar: 10
  • Prepare your anus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012 (02:07 PM) »
A human and another human. By One Piece logic/WordOfGod, they would be the ultimate lifeform, and perfect in every way.

What's your preferred character class/job? (Warrior, Mage, Rogue, etc)

jagggar

• Ultimate
  • Tip Jar: 22
  • Not today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012 (02:16 PM) »
Is it bad I'm tempted to just pick a Pokemon? Totally have come to see Pokemon as an RPG with a bajillion classes.

Rogue/Thief is more or less my favored class.

Others on my like list:
Fighter
Barbarian
Monk/MartialArtist
Ork

Ork not class? SHUT UP OR ME SMASH!

Pretty much any class that implies being a badass, not just being powerful.

Do you like RPGs with a single protagonist or with a party better, strictly from a gameplay perspective?
in the basement rollin' dice, i'm a wizard
when we play we do it right, candles flicker
fighting dragons in my mind, just for kicks
DM says, 'you're gunna die, roll a d6'

Enaz

• Retired
  • Champion
  • Tip Jar: 14
  • Master of Ridiculous Ceremonies
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012 (02:41 PM) »
Party. Single protagonist is all right, too, but I like having more characters to get attached to. (Except when there's so many that none of them get development.) But, even then I got pretty attached to my (non-story) FF Tactics Advance characters, so maybe I just like variety.

Worst video game you ever played a lot of, despite how bad it was?

Magna

• Egg
  • Tip Jar: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012 (04:44 PM) »
Dirge of Cerberus Final Fantasy VII. I'm damn bored of FFVII games (Crisis Core and VII itself are the only good ones IMO), but I still bought and played all of this despite not liking shooters. Why? I legitimately thought it was gonna be VII's battle system when I bought it. The game probably isn't quite as bad as I'm making it out to be, but it's probably the disappointment from the purchase that makes it seem so bad to me.

Who is your favourite villain in fiction?

King Dusk

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012 (05:23 PM) »
Magneto, hands down.

He's so fantastic. He's one of the most heroic people in the comic series, yet being so heroic and tortured is exactly what makes him the villain. (If you can even rightfully call him that anymore... mostly not, but still. Back in the day.)

Do you prefer eBooks or paper books? If paper books, hardback or paperback? And why.

jagggar

• Ultimate
  • Not today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012 (07:06 PM) »
Book books. I play more Angry Birds on my boyfriend's Nook Color than anything else. (I'm not sure if a paper-like e-reader would produce different results than a nearly-tablet e-reader.) That commercial where the guy is showing the girl the e-reader and she is utterly failing at defending real books annoys me. It's the texture of the page, not the ability to bend the corner. The scent of the paper. As someone who is far more comfortable with a pen or pencil than a virtual keyboard, it's the ability to write in a book - my friend has a Kindle which lets you take notes, but we both agree that's not going to be the same as writing in our own hand and doodling little penises in the margins when we finally find a copy of Pregnesia.

Paperback or hardback? That's not a question with one answer. The answer is tied up in the book and what I'll be doing with it. A paperback is great for a book I just want to read. A novel I want to treasure, maybe get signed some day (probably won't ever happen) I'll probably want a hardback. And some books are just big enough to be a hardback. D&D books I like as hardback if they're thick enough, but at some point, the page count just doesn't justify a hardback.

Do you think it would be better pitch ourselves toward youngins (10-14) or closer to our existing age range (18-20somethings)? Why?

Matrix ∞

• Global Moderator
  • In-Training
  • Tip Jar: 0
  • But first they must catch you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012 (07:53 PM) »
Existing age 'cause that's who's here. I don't think our current members want to talk to a bunch of ten year olds and they wouldn't be want to participate in all of our conversations likewise.

What's the best thing that's ever happened to you?
All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand Enemies.
And whenever they catch you, they will kill you.

King Dusk

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2012 (12:40 PM) »
By far the best thing to ever happen to me was buying my car. It just gave me the freedom I never had and never realized I wanted. Immediately after I got my own car, my social life changed dramatically. And now it's paid off. Woo.

Favorite Disney movie?

jagggar

• Ultimate
  • Not today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2012 (07:31 PM) »
Kill Bill.

What? It was distributed by Miramax which was owned by Disney at the time. That counts, right? =D

Taking a strict Disney Only interpretation of the question, I'll go with Aladdin for the time being. If I ever get around to my several year old New Year's Resolution, I'll eventually watch all the Disney theatrically released animated features, and when I do so I plan to rank them (and their princesses and villains and villain songs and such.)

Am I going to get in trouble if I keep taking questions from this topic and trying to create full topics out of them?

Dark Kaizer

• I TOLD YOU I'D GET IT
  • Champion
  • Tip Jar: 10
  • Prepare your anus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2012 (07:35 PM) »
No, the way it's set up now, we only get a short post from someone's perspective of their answer. When we're to make more topics, I think it would only make sense to not only draw them from new ideas, but from things brought up within other topics as well.

Is your body ready?