Author Topic: Getting to Know You  (Read 142214 times)

Blacklily13

• Nightmare Queen
  • Global Moderator
  • Rookie
  • Tip Jar: 3
  • Ah, darkness... the perfect cloak for my evil.
    • View Profile
    • My FF.net profile
Re: Getting to Know You
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2012 (10:06 PM) »

But if I had to pick, bacon. Especially maple-flavored bacon. It's a lot less work and a longer, more satisfying reward for the both of us. At least he won't fall asleep at the end (unless he eats too much).

What is your worst habit?

Credit for sig goes to SabreWulf.

Words are quoted from DreamTheater's Forsaken

Maki, Commander Blade

• Fresh
  • Tip Jar: 5
  • SWINE FLU, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012 (03:36 AM) »
Goint to bed at 6 AM. Horrible habit, trying to change it work isn't helping a lot though.

Also, drinking alone.

Can you come up with a funny way to commit suicide? What is it? What sort of note would you leave your family?
Xenu is now back to being Maki...
PH34R MY PHOTOSHOP L337 SK1LL5 :S

Dark Kaizer

• I TOLD YOU I'D GET IT
  • Champion
  • Tip Jar: 10
  • Prepare your anus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2012 (04:43 AM) »
Jumping in front of moving traffic, ballet style, with the happiest face I can muster. No note. The youtube videos uploaded thereafter would explain it perfectly.

How would you get a Psycho Ex Girlfriend (or Boyfriend) to stop stalking you? Detail is important here, so here are the conditions:

• They completely refuse to accept the fact that you broke up with them.
  • They attempt to stop other potential love interests, or even friends, from hanging out with you. Threatening them, trying to get them to believe blatant lies, etc, etc...
  • When they're talking to you they do so in a way attempting to make the people around you believe that you're dating.
  • Mentioning that you aren't dating causes them to angrily say otherwise and change topics.
  • No, you can't kill them.

Magna

• Egg
  • Tip Jar: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2012 (05:01 AM) »
Fake my own death and with any luck she'd kill herself. If she didn't, I'd move to America and never go home.

You are the monarch of a large empire. Your people are making moves to usurp you. How do you stop them?

jagggar

• Ultimate
  • Tip Jar: 22
  • Not today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2012 (07:31 AM) »
1. Kick myself for not better following Machiavelli's advice.
2. Finish reading or reread The Prince.
3. a. Follow Machiavelli's advice for the situation.
3. b. If Machiavelli has no advice for the situation or I am unable to finish reading The Prince before I need to make a decision, as the case is here, I put whatever adviser convinced me not to listen to Machiavelli on the throne, make sure there's documents giving the adviser credit for whatever my people are pissed about, and hightail it to a friendly nation which is stable. I only ever attempt to return if my successor is so horrible my people wish I would come back.

RPers:
I think three sentences is an adequate length for a character's background/history. Does that seem reasonable to you? Why/why not?

non-RPers:
Do you think BL13 will realize she probably didn't answer the most recent question?
in the basement rollin' dice, i'm a wizard
when we play we do it right, candles flicker
fighting dragons in my mind, just for kicks
DM says, 'you're gunna die, roll a d6'

Maki, Commander Blade

• Fresh
  • Tip Jar: 5
  • SWINE FLU, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2012 (01:50 PM) »
I think it depends on the kind of RP you're playing. If you're going for an action oriented character and RP where all that matters is slaying dragons and getting loot then I suppose three sentences can do. If you're going however for a character driven RP with a plot, then it's better to have as much information on the character as possible, I'd go as far as to suggest a couple of extended paragraphs or maybe even 3, since you kinda' want to be able to understand the character's motivations, fears, and obsessions to know where the RP is going.

Best videogame you've played that's come out and in the last 5 years?
Xenu is now back to being Maki...
PH34R MY PHOTOSHOP L337 SK1LL5 :S

Magna

• Egg
  • Tip Jar: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2012 (05:05 PM) »
Without a doubt Xenoblade Chronicles. Fantastic gameplay, characters and nice, long story with some brilliant twists and turns. That and the voice acting is british which is nice in the sea of American voices. Not that I dislike americans, it's just Xenoblade feels more 'mine' because of that factor.

You're trapped in a small room with a lion. Which of your possessions do you use to defend yourself?

Dark Kaizer

• I TOLD YOU I'D GET IT
  • Champion
  • Prepare your anus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2012 (05:29 PM) »
My cock. Every time.

Do you get as bored of giving serious answers to these as I do?

jagggar

• Ultimate
  • Not today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2012 (06:04 PM) »
I didn't know you had a rooster, Kaizer.

Your stripper name, what is it?

Dark Kaizer

• I TOLD YOU I'D GET IT
  • Champion
  • Prepare your anus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2012 (06:17 PM) »
Smokey The Barracuda. Legit.

You heard The Megas' new album yet (History Repeating: Blue)? If not, go listen to at least 3 songs from it and tell me what you think. I personally recommend History Repeating Pt2 and Don't Mess With Magnetman.

Matrix ∞

• Global Moderator
  • In-Training
  • Tip Jar: 0
  • But first they must catch you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2012 (07:16 PM) »
I refuse to answer questions targeted toward specific people and/or ones that require me to do work. And for future reference, I also firmly believe that "what would you do"-type questions seeking advice should be asked in their own topic if you really want our opinion.

What's the last movie you've seen? What did you think of it?
All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand Enemies.
And whenever they catch you, they will kill you.

jagggar

• Ultimate
  • Not today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2012 (08:02 PM) »
Not Brave! *GASP*

Rock of Ages.
It was pretty hilarious... and yet, if you took out all the hilarious numbers (I can't fight this feeling anymore...) and took away the musical-happy-ending, it's kinda depressing. Also, I'm not sure Tom Cruise was acting.

Yeeaaah... some of those "what do you think of this band that isn't played 5 times an hour and no one else has ever heard of" questions kinda killed the topic last time around. I think, like, actually posting a vidja of one of the songs "Hey, listen to this, what do you think?" isn't too much to ask, much easier to just watch a video than go look up multiple songs. At least, I wouldn't have had an idea of where to start.

BUT MATRIX, SOMETIMES YOU'RE TRAPPED IN A SMALL ROOM WITH A LION AND YOU NEED IMMEDIATE SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO. ALSO, YOUR QUESTION REQUIRES PEOPLE TO WATCH MOVIES. WHAT IF WE HAD SOMEONE WHO'S BLIND HERE? WHAT IF THEY'VE ONLY EVER LISTENED TO MOVIES!

And unfortunately, sometimes if you've already got a topic going and like just one person has replied to it, you might get a little more attention by asking it here. At least you'll have one person if people want the game to continue.

Aw crap, I can't think of a question. Actually, I like Matrix's, so I'll just ask it again:
What's the last movie you've seen? What did you think of it?

Anthy

• DDF Princess
  • Champion
  • Tip Jar: 18
  • And someday, together...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2012 (08:22 PM) »
Hausu and it was hilariously bizarre. Kung Fu is probably the coolest character I've seen in a horror movie. Even when she's been reduced to nothing but a leg she still kicks ghost booty
this blog post probably explains it better than I could :http://fourfour.typepad.com/fourfour/2010/01/the-joy-of-hausu.html

The other movie I've watched most recently is.. probably.. Mulholland Drive. I LOVE THAT MOVIE. :3

You're making a sandwich. What kind of bread do you use and what do you fill it with? Hot or cold?
So long, and thanks for all the fish

"I love the word 'fate'. It makes me believe I'm never alone.
I love you. I will never forget you. Forever and ever."

In loving memory ~ 8.5.1990-8.22.2010

Nite Phire

• In-Training
  • Tip Jar: 0
    • View Profile
    • Frozen Sky
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2012 (09:24 PM) »
A few options.  I like my sandwiches.

1) Hot.  Deli-style seeded rye.  Grilled tempeh, marinated in homemade barbecue sauce.  Sliced red onion, homemade bread & butter pickles, spicy brown mustard, baby spinach.
2) Cold.  Whole wheat.  Ham and cheddar.  Thousand island, leafy romaine, sliced tomato, sliced red onion, sliced cucumber.
3) Cold.  Sourdough.  Turkey and provolone.  Creamy italian dressing, iceberg lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced red onion, sliced cucumber.
4) Hot.  Pumpernickel. Barbecue pulled pork, caramelized onions, melted gouda.

You need to find a place to read outside your house/apartment/dorm/whatever.  Where do you go?

Enaz

• Retired
  • Champion
  • Tip Jar: 14
  • Master of Ridiculous Ceremonies
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2012 (10:19 PM) »
Used to be the university cafeteria, when I'd go in at odd hours and read or write or draw until people I knew started showing up for meals. (Or I'd sit in an out of the way part if I wanted to avoid interruptions.) Now that I've graduated, however, I'm kinda short on alternatives. So I guess the back porch, when it's not too humid...which is not very often, this time of year. e___e

What's the longest single-work you've ever written?